Invalid Web Elements with Different version IE

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
taoyang987

Invalid Web Elements with Different version IE

Post by taoyang987 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:12 am

My Aut is based Winform with an embeded browser。i found some elements(in the browser)did not work well with the spy 。they were shown red and invalid,if i add the right rxpath into the repository manually,they worked well。but after i updated my IE8 to IE9,the invalid elements did not show up in the spy. and the scripts with the former rxpath also did not work.I'v checked the addin of IE9,it's enabled.So what's wrong when i updated from ie8 to ie9.(the whole web page was embeded into winform)
I did this in the VMware whith win7 ,Ranorex version 5.1.0.18625。
Thank You Very Much!
Attachments
toolBar.rxsnp
(320.37 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Invalid Web Elements with Different version IE

Post by Support Team » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi Tao,

When a web element is shown as invalid this normally means that the live element which was previously found and which is used respectively referenced by the specific Ranorex repository item or in Spy no longer exists, so that a new live element was created.
Could it be that the web elements are continuously updated, reloaded?

As I can see from the snapshot just the toolbar is invalid, to cache the current shown elements in Spy you can use the <SCROLL> key as also mentioned here: Creating Ranorex Snapshot Files under section "Snapshots from pop-up windows, drop-down combo boxes or drop-down menus".
This will ensure that the elements will be cached so doesn't show up as invalid. You should then be able to analyze the RxPaths of these elements.

Normally there shouldn't be differences in the RxPaths when the IE version changes. Could you send me a Ranorex snapshot file of the elements where the "old" RxPaths do no longer work, one created with IE 8 and one with IE 9? Or could it be that the search timeout is just too little?
This will allow me to analyze this in detail!

Thanks,
Markus

taoyang987

Post by taoyang987 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:19 am

Markus:
Thank You for your reply.
in IE9 ,the invalid Elements are not exists.
I set the search timeout to 3 minutes. but still to find the item.In IE8 ,it works well with the default search timeout.
Attachments
ie8toolBar.rxsnp
(320.37 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Ie9toolbar.rxsnp
(392.32 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi Tao,

This is weird! May I ask you to send us an email to [email protected] to schedule a remote session?
This will allow me to analyze this issue on your machine.

Thanks,
Markus