Invoke Remotely Failed

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Invoke Remotely Failed

Post by Support Team » Fri May 20, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi,

Can you give us additional information about your test environment, you have said you have updated to .Net 4.0, is the AUT still build with a lower version or with the new .Net 4.0 framework?
Did you have a look at this:
(http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... oting.html)
Do you have installed the client or the full version of the framework?
Did you install Ranorex before updating to .Net 4.0? You might also try to repair or reinstall Ranorex.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Team

DanielS

Post by DanielS » Thu May 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Sorry for my late answer, but i wasn't at work since last friday. The AUT is build with .Net 3.5, however i needed the <projectname>.exe.config file to recognize the objects in the application. I have installed .Net 4.0 extended.
To the general troubleshooting:
#Reason 1: both the AUT and the testsolution are started with the same user(at least i think so)
#Reason 2: both are started localy.
#Reason 3: how could i find out this?
#Reason 4: this could be possible, the AUT is any cpu and i've got a 64 Bit Windows, but i tried to change the Target CPU, but i don't know if i made evrything right
I don't know wheter i installed the net framework or ranorex first, but i think it was the framework.
Should i install the newest Ranorex Version?
But everything works with my test Solution, if i do not start the normal solution before, and the Settings are the same ( Target CPU, user rights etc. ) .

There seems to be something really wrong. This time, i started my normal test solution and got an error with the Ranorex Bit Bridge:
ranorexbridge.gif
. This was nearly before i tried to invoke remotely ( so i didn't get the Invoke Remotely Exception). After that i tried my test Solution (without closing the AUT) and invoke remotely didn't work.
Then i restarted the Computer and tried at first my test Solution, and invoke remotely worked. Then i tried to start my normal Solution ( the Project), while my AUT was opened, but Ranorex got this error:
ranorexStart.gif
After that i closed my AUT, started my normal Ranorex Project, and run it. This time i got the Invoke Remotely failed Exception, and at the same time i got the Ranorex bridge error.
So whats going on there? Why does it never worke with my normal solution, why does the same code in the Test Solution work sometimes ( and sometimes not)? Why did i get sometimes the bridge Exception? It would be realy nice if the problem could be solved, a month ago the whole (big)test Solution worked, and for the last month i only tried to fix all those problems i got with it. The first release of the AUT is very soon, so a working test automation is very urgent.
Best regards,
Daniel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu May 26, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi,

This is a very weird issue.
Please can you update to the latest version of Ranorex and try it again for the first instance.
http://www.ranorex.com/download/Ranorex-3.0.2.exe

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

DanielS

Post by DanielS » Thu May 26, 2011 1:30 pm

Should i just reinstall the newest version or should i deinstall the old one before?
Now, while surfing with the Spy in the Application, the Ranorex Bridge Error occurred, too.
Best regards,
Daniel

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu May 26, 2011 1:32 pm

Uninstall all Ranorex Versions and install the newest one. Before you install the newest one, please restart you computer. If this doesn't help we could arrange a meeting with a live demonstration of your issue.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

DanielS

Post by DanielS » Thu May 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Thank you for your help, i deinstalled Ranorex, restarted and installed the version 3.02, but the problem still exists. This time i got the Ranorex Bridge Error again.
Thank you for your offer, i think you mean an online meeting, could you please contact me at danielstammler [at] googlemail.com , so that we can write about the details via email.
Best regards,
Daniel

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu May 26, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi,

Please contact once [email protected] and then one of our employees will contact you about the meeting.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team