InvokeRemotely

Ask general questions here.
atom

InvokeRemotely

Post by atom » Mon May 10, 2010 4:40 pm

Hiya

Im haveing trouble using Invoke Remotely on the Dev Express demo application you can download from their website. I am using the XtraEditors demo application, and which to invoke upon a ButtonEdit control.

Here is my code:

Code: Select all

Module Module1

Sub Main()

Dim objForm As Ranorex.Form
        Dim objFileName As Ranorex.Control

'get form
        objForm = Host.Local.FindSingle(Of Ranorex.Form)("/form[@controlname='FrmMainXtraEditors']")

'get file name text box
        objFileName = objForm.FindSingle(Of Ranorex.Control)("descendant::" & "control[@controlname='buttonEditSample']")
        'set text
        objFileName.InvokeRemotely(AddressOf DXTextBoxHelper.delSetText, "hello")

End Sub

End Module
and

Code: Select all

Public Class DXTextBoxHelper

Public Shared Function delSetText(ByVal EditorControl As System.Windows.Forms.Control, ByVal notused As Object) As Integer

End Function

End Class

As you can see the delegate does nothing
However when i run this I get an exception:

"Action Invoke Remotely failed on element {unknown:buttonEditSample}"

Help?!!

Regards

atom

Re: InvokeRemotely

Post by atom » Mon May 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Follow-up:

The inner-exception details are:

{"The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)":Nothing}

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: InvokeRemotely

Post by Support Team » Tue May 11, 2010 5:45 pm

I have just tried your code with DevExpress 8.3.4 and everything worked out right. It might be a security problem, since the error message complains about not being able to find a file.

Please, make sure that neither the AUT, nor the automating executable are located on a network drive or in an encrypted folder. And make sure that both applications are started using the same security rights (same user account).

If that does not help, could you please post the complete exception message (got by calling exception.ToString(); that includes a stack-trace and all inner exception messages)!

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team