iOS | deployment issue

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
dominik_F

iOS | deployment issue

Post by dominik_F » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up an iOS testing project and have issue in deploying the instrumented IPA.
The ipa itself as well as the p12 and mobileprovision file seem to be okay, as I can successfully create the -instrumented.ipa
If i check the "Deploy the App under test" box and select my test device (iPhone 6S with iOS 13.2.2) and destination, it gives me an error during the "Deploying app".

I attached the Screenshot of the error shown

Error Details are (in text format):
System.Exception: Failed to install the iOS app 'C:\Users\dev\Documents\Ranorex\InstrumentedIpa\1UniConnect-instrumented.ipa' to device '94dd593835f40a8faa41d4c809061f6b86829bee'. Additional details: APPLICATION VERIFICATION FAILED: Bad code signing. Consider that you are using a valid IPA package with valid signing data (p12, mobileprovision).
bei Ranorex.Plugin.Mobile.Tools.Ios.IosToolRunner.InstallApp(String udid, String archivePath)
bei Ranorex.Plugin.Mobile.Tools.Ios.IosToolRunner.Deploy(IIosOptions options, String targetIpaPath, IosAppInfo appInfo, IEnumerable`1 deviceInfos, Action`2 progressCallback)
bei Ranorex.Plugin.Mobile.Tools.Ios.IosToolRunner.InstrumentInternal(IOptions options, Action`2 progressCallback, Action`1 msgCallback)
bei Ranorex.Plugin.Mobile.Tools.Ios.IosToolRunner.Instrument(IOptions options, Action`2 progressCallback, Action`1 msgCallback)
bei Ranorex.Plugin.Mobile.RxIntegration.Instrumentation.IosWorker.Run()
bei Ranorex.Controls.Instrumentation.IosResultPage.bgw_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

best regards,
Dominik
Attachments
iOS_Instrumentation.PNG
screenshot
iOS_Instrumentation.PNG (72.04 KiB) Viewed 759 times

dominik_F

Re: iOS | deployment issue

Post by dominik_F » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:33 pm

hi,

I didn't use a dev profile mobileprovision file.
I got the correct file from my iOS developer.
Can be seen as resolved.

BenSherman

Re: iOS | deployment issue

Post by BenSherman » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:18 pm

I had the same problem with deployment once, at first I could not understand what the problem was, and then everything turned out to be quite simple.