iOS: Getting specific attributes from custom TableCellView

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
JToelstede

iOS: Getting specific attributes from custom TableCellView

Post by JToelstede » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:20 am

In our iOS app we have a TableUIView element which display files and folders. The table consists of custom FileTableViewCell-objects (derived from UITableViewCell).
The FileTableViewCell inerhits a FileNode-object which holds all relavant information about the file like creationTime, lastWriteTime, path, parentNodeId, isFolder.

We have the same implementation in an JavaClient-Application and I can get the attributes with the following code example:

Code: Select all

Element outElement;
if( Host.Local.Element.TryFindSingle(repo.MyFiles.dynElement.GetPath(), out outElement))
{
	if(!Convert.ToBoolean(outElement.GetAttributeValue("isfolder")))
 	{
 		Report.Info("The given Element is a folder!");
 	}
}
When I use ViewSpy at the JavaClient-Application I could see all the attributes in the detailed browser and result view.

I tried to get the attributes from our iOS-App in the same way but i couldn't get them and I couldn't find the attributes with the ViewSpy
Is there a possibility in iOS-testing to get at these attributes?
Thank you.

Regards,
Jörg

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: iOS: Getting specific attributes from custom TableCellView

Post by Support Team » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:19 pm

Hello,

Do you see these attributes in Spy?
Is it possible for you to post or send us ([email protected]) a Ranorex Snapshot of your application?
More information about Creating Ranorex Snapshot Files can be found in our User Guide.

This would help us to analyze your issue.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Markus (T)

JToelstede

Post by JToelstede » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:16 pm

Hello Markus,

I can see these attributes in ViewSpy for the JavaApplication but I couldn't see these attributes in ViewSpy for the iOS App. Our delvelopers told me, that the same file-attributes of our solution are available in both technologies (Java and iOS).

I have to check if I'm allowed to send you a snapshot.

Regards,
Jörg

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:53 pm

Have you properly instrumented the iOS app?

See the following page on iOS testing with Ranorex:

http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... sting.html

You have to compile the Ranorex iOS module into your iOS app for it to work. This has to be done because of Apple's restrictions, there is nothing Ranorex can do about it. Same thing for Android apps.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:57 am

JToelstede wrote:When I use ViewSpy at the JavaClient-Application I could see all the attributes in the detailed browser and result view.

I tried to get the attributes from our iOS-App in the same way but i couldn't get them and I couldn't find the attributes with the ViewSpy
Is there a possibility in iOS-testing to get at these attributes?
Thank you.

Regards,
Jörg
At the moment it is not possible to get at these attributes.

iOS is the latest technology supported by the Ranorex system. Therefore the automation capabilities for this technology are not as mature as for the other technologies supported by Ranorex yet. Especially the automation support for collection based controls (UIPickerView, UITableView, UICollectionView) is limited at the moment. You can only get the number of items in a UIPicker and UITableView and select items based on their index.

Better support for these controls is one of our top priorities at the moment and we are currently implementing this feature. It is very likely the automation capabilities regarding these controls will be much better with the next release including new features (Minor release).

Regards,
Philipp