iOS Testing, getting Device Timed out in TouchStart

Ask general questions here.
donphanlivemagic

iOS Testing, getting Device Timed out in TouchStart

Post by donphanlivemagic » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:57 pm

Hello.

My iOS script is running fine until I try to slide the scrubber on my App.
I know for sure that my instrumented app is running on the device (otherwise, none of the scripts work ).
Any idea?

Thanks,
--DP

NOTE: Here is the error I got

Device communication timed out. Either no instrumented application is running on the device or the device was not able to process the request within the specified timeout of '00:00:05'. Check that an instrumented application is running on the device or try to increase the timeout.
Show/Hide Stacktrace
at Ranorex.Plugin.Mobile.XmlRpc.XmlRpcEndpoint.WaitForReply(TimeSpan responseTimeout, Int32 callId) at Ranorex.Plugin.Mobile.XmlRpc.XmlRpcEndpoint.Call(MethodCall mc, TimeSpan responseTimeout) at Ranorex.Plugin.Mobile.Network.ApplicationChannel.TouchStart(String loc, Int32 elementIdentifier) at Ranorex.Plugin.Mobile.Network.ApplicationChannel.Touch(TouchEvent evt, Int32 elementIdentifier) at Ranorex.Plugin.Mobile.Elements.GenericUiElement.Touch(TouchEvent evt) at Ranorex.Touch.TouchStart(Element element, Int32 pointer, Location location) at Ranorex.Adapter.TouchStart(Location location) at ReplayApp_demo.ReplayApp_VideoSearch.Ranorex.Core.Testing.ITestModule.Run() in c:\QA\ReplayApp_demo\ReplayApp_demo\ReplayApp_VideoSearch.cs:line 210 at Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestSuiteModule.RunInternal(DataContext parentDataContext

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: iOS Testing, getting Device Timed out in TouchStart

Post by Support Team » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:13 pm

Hello,

Could you please try to increase the Connect Timeout as shown in settings as shown below?
MobileConnectionTimeout.JPG
Regards,
Markus (T)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wnordstrom

Post by wnordstrom » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Same issue.
ranorex studio version 4.0.4.23593

When I touchstart center I get the following:

Device communication timed out. Either no instrumented application is running on the device or the device was not able to process the request within the specified timeout of '00:00:10'. Check that an instrumented application is running on the device or try to increase the timeout.

By default it timesout in 5 seconds, but changed the rpc timeout to 10s.

if I change it to a touch center event, then the step succeeds. Need to drag. Any ideas?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:18 pm

Hello,

Could you please give me more information about the issue?
Are you sure that there is no problem with the network connection?
Could you send a Ranorex Snapshot file in order to provide more information about the element in question?
Which iOS version are you using?

Thank you!
Regards,
Bernhard

sincoew

Post by sincoew » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:07 am

same issue

Ranorex version 4.1
Via Usb to connect iPhone 4.

Best Regards,
sincoew

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:07 pm

Hello sincoew,

Unfortunately it is hard to reproduce the issue without some detailed information.
Would it be possible to share a video or something similar in order to show us your issue?
Thank you!

Regards,
Bernhard