Is Openfin supported by Ranorex ?

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
diwakar_224

Is Openfin supported by Ranorex ?

Post by diwakar_224 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:50 pm

I’m working on testing an application which have DevExpress grids built on HTML5 and wrapped in Openfin container. My question is – does Ranorex 6.0.1 support Openfin ?

Due to security reasons I cannot share much info about the application. All I can say is I’ve tried many things to make this work like Adding class to GDI capture List, etc but nothing worked. Ranorex Spy only gives me same element controlid even if I click on any button/textbox on that grid.

Is there any tweak that I can do to make this work ?

Thanks for suggestions

asdf

Re: Is Openfin supported by Ranorex ?

Post by asdf » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:28 am

Hi diwakar,

Please try to start your executable file with the following flag.
--force-renderer-accessibility

Therefore, create a shortcut of your *.exe file and go to the properties.
In the "shortcut"-tab there is a section called "Target". Just add the flag above and click "OK".
Afterwards, please run your application and Ranorex Studio with administrator privileges and try if you can identify the elements. Maybe you will have to navigate through the tree in spy to find all elements.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
asdf

diwakar_224

Re: Is Openfin supported by Ranorex ?

Post by diwakar_224 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:26 pm

Thank you for the reply.

I was able to make this work. Here is what I did :

Changed runtime settings in OpenFin app config file as following:

"runtime": { "arguments": "--force-renderer-accessibility --load-extension=ranorex_extension_directory", "version": "alpha" },

Unzip the contents to a folder named "ranorex_extension_directory" and place that folder in Openfin directory.

Start your application again and you can use Ranorex Spy to see internal elements now.

Thanks,
Diwakar