Is there a way that recordings from another project can be

Ask general questions here.
jecardenasri01

Is there a way that recordings from another project can be

Post by jecardenasri01 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:44 pm

We are automating a desktop application, which has a project (A) with its own use cases.

me apart from that main project (A) create another project (B) to do a test and now I want to know

- it is necessary to re-record in the project (A) what I did in the project (B), or there is a way to integrate the use case in the main project

If I copy and paste the use case that I need (prproject) it is assumed that as in the project (A) I do not like those things that the fields are not in the repository therefore they will appear with the error no?

McTurtle

Re: Is there a way that recordings from another project can be

Post by McTurtle » Thu May 17, 2018 7:30 am

Hello jecardenasri01,

You can share recordings between projects. You can do this in the following way:
1. If the project is not yet part of your solution, then you need to add it by right clicking on the solution and then navigating to "Add"->"Existing project".
2. After both projects are part of the same solution, then you need to go to your main project, right click on the references and choose "Add"->"Add reference":
AddReference.png
3. Now choose the 2nd project from the list of projects (1), click on select (2) so that it will appear under "Selected references"(3) and then click "OK"(4):
AddreferencedProject.png
4. You should now see the modules from the 2nd project in the "Ranorex Module Broweser" (1). You can drag and drop the modules to the test suite (2). Next to the name of the module in the test suite there should be the name of the project from which the module is coming from in brackets (3):
DragAndDrop.png
You will see the modules in the module browser also without adding the reference (Point 2 and 3). However, without the reference, the test will fail.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
McTurtle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.