Is there a way to hide the parameters from the method column of recording modules?

Ask general questions here.
Yosuva123

Is there a way to hide the parameters from the method column of recording modules?

Post by Yosuva123 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:06 am

Hi Team,

Is there a way to hide the parameters from the method column of recording modules? This will improve the readability of test script or module.

For an example: I just wanted to see Click()/ Click instead of Click(ReportItemInfo reporItem).
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (29.61 KiB) Viewed 143 times
Thanks,
Yosuva

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Is there a way to hide the parameters from the method column of recording modules?

Post by odklizec » Tue May 12, 2020 11:50 am

Hi,

I'm afraid there is no such option. But you can make a feature request here:
https://uservoice.ranorex.com/forums/15 ... ve-ranorex

I'm curious, why are you using "user code" for every single action in recording module? Why don't you simply use predefined actions, like Click or OpenBrowser? It does not not really make a sense to replace all actions with User Codes.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Yosuva123

Re: Is there a way to hide the parameters from the method column of recording modules?

Post by Yosuva123 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:46 pm

Hi Pavel Kudrys,

The report step that this generated for Click , Key Sequence, Get Value and Validate actions is too technical and the stockholders/SMEs are not able to understand it what it means. We have tried multiple options to keep the original actions but couldn't find any other way to get rid of technical details from the report. That's why we created method with Simple English reporting values.

FYI - we are still using few default renorex actions like Open Application,WaitFor,Delay as it is showing meaningful text.

Thanks,
Yosuva

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed May 13, 2020 8:56 am

Hi,

So let me get it straight. Just because someone is not able to understand what "click" means, you are wasting time with adapting your workflow and framework? :shock: Oh boy, I'm so glad I don't have to work with and for incompetent people :D

I think your best hope is to customize report or create a custom one? But I think it will be as difficult task as modifying the framework.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration