Is there any concept of Localization using Ranorex2.0

Ask general questions here.
sunitha

Post by sunitha » Fri May 22, 2009 12:25 pm

Can we write code for other languages also.
That is write a common code in English and use that for other languages like Italian, German , Spanish..

If so let me know the procedure to generate the automation scripts for localization . :)

sunitha

Post by sunitha » Wed May 27, 2009 2:27 pm

Anybody who can help me regarding the localization(for other languages like Spanish,Chinese) :)

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Wed May 27, 2009 4:08 pm

I've not tried localization testing with Ranorex yet. However, are you using Visual Studio to do your development? If so all the other languages should just be Unicode that you can read in and compare the text.

If developed correctly, your AUT controls should all be named the same thing regardless of language displayed. So if you write your automation code against one language then your next iteration through other languages should mostly just work.

What is your goal of localization testing? Is it just to make sure the correct words for each language are on the correct objects? Can you elaborate some more on what you want to accomplish?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:23 pm

Ranorex tests are always based on RanoreXPath expressions. Depending on the type of technology used by the AUT, there are different attributes used for identification within the RanoreXPath. In cases of .NET controls for exammple, a button control is always identified by it's control name which is language independent.

Other types of applications like the main window of the windows calculator application are mostly identified using the title of the application. In such cases you're able to extend the generated RanoreXPath by Ranorex Spy with a simple OR disjunction.

/form[@title='Calculator' or @title='Taschenrechner']

As far as I understand from the request is, to write single test automation tasks which to test the software functionality for all languages.

Currently, it is not possible to switch between language depending repositories dynamically for testing multi language applications. Maybe we'll consider this request in future versions.

kind regards,
Christoph,
Ranorex Support Team