Is this a bug - With Assigned - but Unused Data Connectors

Experiences, small talk, and other automation gossip.
brentmclauclan
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Is this a bug - With Assigned - but Unused Data Connectors

Post by brentmclauclan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi there.

Just a question/comment - I did a small test where I added a Excel Data Connector - to a excel worksheet with 2 line items. The data connector was bound to a test case, but no test case variables were bound to the fields provided by the Excel Data connector (so I agree the Data Connector has no purpose).

The test case was executed twice (as there were 2 line items), I had expected that the test case would execute once as no recording variables were bound to the data connector.

Is this normal/expected behavior? I would expect the test case iterations to execute would be based on the variable bindings and not based just on a bound data connector?

Deleting the data connector caused the test case to execute only once as expected.

Thanks

Brent

mzperix

Re: Is this a bug - With Assigned - but Unused Data Connectors

Post by mzperix » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:10 pm

Hi Brent,

this is a known behaviour, this can be used to run the same testcase again without binding a varaible. Personally I would not consider this a bug :)
If you connected a data connector, and did not bind it, you can still run it only once, by setting the rows to run only one row.

Best Regards,
Zoltan

brentmclauclan
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Is this a bug - With Assigned - but Unused Data Connectors

Post by brentmclauclan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:46 pm

Thanks for the prompt response - will do as suggested.

Brent