Issue in windows object identification

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
joyarjit

Issue in windows object identification

Post by joyarjit » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:07 am

Ranorex is not able to identify the windows object properly.

It is identifying the bigger element but not any element inside it. I have to click inside of the bigger element by giving mouse coordinates, which is kind of hard coding.

Bigger element is kind of a table with multiple columns inside it. Please suggest any solution to this.
Is there anyway to click based on the cell value? Can i read test inside the big element for each sub-element. When i track the sub-elements then text field shown in spy is empty.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Issue in windows object identification

Post by odklizec » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi,

I'm afraid, there is not enough info about your AUT and Ranorex version is missing too. Please upload a Ranorex snapshot (NOT screenshot) of the problematic element. This should tell us more about AUT and the problematic element. Without, at very least, Ranorex snapshot, there is not much anyone here could do or suggest.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Vaughan.Douglas

Re: Issue in windows object identification

Post by Vaughan.Douglas » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:34 pm

As usual, odklizec, is spot on. However I believe I know what you're talking about and might be able to give some very general pointers.
  • Make sure both the AUT and Ranorex are running with admin priveleges
  • Ranorex should open the AUT
Beyond this we'll need to start talking about technologies and whatnot, and that SNAPSHOT is simply the best way to communicate much of the necessary information.
Doug Vaughan