Issue with Actipro v16.1

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
elca

Issue with Actipro v16.1

Post by elca » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:18 pm

Hello,

Shortly, we updated our product from Actipro Software WPF from Version v14.1 to v16.1. Unfortunately this resulted in a lot of regressions in our Ranorex tests. One cause is, the Spy fails to find the XPath of Actipro's Docking & MDI component (close or auto-hide buttons).

Actipro delivers sample and the issue is pretty obvious. With v14, it's easy to highlight the auto-hide button, with v16 it's impossible...

We use Ranorex 4.1.0.

I provided samples for testing. Simply try to highlight an auto-hide button in a docking component.

Actually our problem is similar to:

ranorex-fails-to-derive-xpaths-for-contents-of-tab-controls-t1887.html

- Do you have any known issues with the last version of Actipro?
- Do you have any workarounds?

Regards,
Garry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Martin

Re: Issue with Actipro v16.1

Post by Martin » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:09 am

Ranorex 4.1.0 is vastly out dated and the support for it has stopped. Between that version and the latest (6.0.2) there have probably been a lot of WPF updates.

http://www.ranorex.com/free-trial.html Try the latest version of Ranorex and see if the identification works with that.

Martin

elca

Post by elca » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:16 am

Okay. Thanks for the reply.

I made the exactly same test with with Ranorex 6.0.2. Unfortunately the result is even worst...

With Actipro sample v14 AND v16, this is impossible to highlight the auto-hide button. I'm stuck at the same point.

Do you have an idea?

Thanks

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi elca,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to get your sample applications running.
In order to analyze your issue in more detail, I would recommend sending an email to [email protected] which contains your samples and a short description of your problem as well.

I'm looking forward to your email.

Sincerely,
Matthias