Issue with indentifying tree elements on Windows 7 64 bit ma

Bug reports.
ishpreet

Issue with indentifying tree elements on Windows 7 64 bit ma

Post by ishpreet » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:14 am

Hi

We recently migrated from Windows XP to Windows 7 64 bit and I am having trouble identifying objects in tree on 64 bit machine. It works fine on 32 bit.

Note - I tried enabling and disabling '32/64 bit bridge' checkbox. Ranorex spy just can't find it on 64 bit machine. Please help with resolution?

Screenshot of tree attached for reference

Thanks
Ishy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

krstcs

Re: Issue with indentifying tree elements on Windows 7 64 bit ma

Post by krstcs » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:15 pm

Welcome to the forums.

Please include the following information when you raise an issue in the forums:

Version of Ranorex (current is 5.2.2)
Version of Windows
Technology of system under test (HTML, Java, WPF, etc.)

Also, in this case, could you post a Ranorex Snapshot of the application? You can find information about creating a Ranorex Snapshot here. If you cannot post it to the forum, please send it to Ranorex's Support team at [email protected] and reference this thread.

In addition, could you post a RanoreXPath for the element you are trying to find INSIDE the tree?
Shortcuts usually aren't...

ishpreet

Post by ishpreet » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:23 pm

Sure.

Version of Ranorex: 5.2.1.20895
Version of Windows: Windows 7 64 bit
Technology of system under test: .Net Window application

The Ranorex path that i am trying to capture is: /form[@controlname='frmRuleManager']/?/?/tree[@controlname='m_objtreeApplicationView']/?/?/treeitem[@accessiblename='Image Retention Facility']

As mentioned in my previous message, I was able to capture the path on 32 bit machine but it doesn't get recognized in 64 bit machine. Please help! let me know if you need additional information.

Note - I am also attaching snapshot of how the tree looks like in 32 bit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:05 pm

Is the application different on 64-bit vs. 32-bit systems?

If so, could it be that the developers did not implement accessibility in the 64-bit version?

Otherwise it appears that this is could be a bug with Ranorex.

Also, have you tried using the XPath from 32-bit Spy in a repository object and seeing if Ranorex can see the element during the test on a 64-bit system? It could be that Spy has a problem but the test doesn't.
Shortcuts usually aren't...