Issue with InvokeRemotely() in .NET 4.0 framework VS2010

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Shobana

Issue with InvokeRemotely() in .NET 4.0 framework VS2010

Post by Shobana » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi,

I have been using Ranorex with .NET 4.0 framework and things were working fine until I used the InvokeRemotely() method to manipulate DevExpress controls. If I switch to .NET 3.5 framework, I'm able to use Ranorex InvokeRemotely() and automate the DevExpress controls without any issues.

Much of my solution has evolved on .NET 4.0 framework and it is not possible for me to revert the entire solution to .NET 3.5. I have also applied the useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy attribute in application configuration, but this hasn't resolved the problem. (http://www.ranorex.com/forum/how-to-use ... t1489.html)

Operating System : Windows 7 64-bit
Ranorex Spy Version : 3.0.5.13548
Exception: Ranorex.ActionFailedException {"Action 'invokeremotely' failed on element '{Container:m_ComboBox}'."} where the m_ComboBox is DevExpress control.

Can you please provide me a solution as I'm not able to proceed further due to this issue.

Thanks,
Shobana

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Issue with InvokeRemotely() in .NET 4.0 framework VS2010

Post by Support Team » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi,

working wirh invokeRemotely() in combination with .Net framework 4.0 is supported with Ranorex 3.1.
So if you'd like to work with this combination, you have to upgrade to Ranorex 3.1:
http://www.ranorex.com/download.html

Kind regards,
Tobias
Support Team

Shobana

Re: Issue with InvokeRemotely() in .NET 4.0 framework VS2010

Post by Shobana » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi,
I have upgraded to Ranorex version 3.1 and it solved the issue. Thanks so much!
Cheers,
Shobana