Issues linking Ranorex to TFS

Ask general questions here.
JimLin

Issues linking Ranorex to TFS

Post by JimLin » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:55 pm

Hi,

I am using Ranorex 7.2 on Windows 10.

We are using VS 2013 Express for Desktop update 4 with the 2013 version of the MSSCCI plugin. When I try and link Ranorex to TFS, I get the following error popup in Ranorex:
'Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.ControlAdapter, Version=12.0.0.0'. As can be seen in the attached screen grab, it points at an invalid pointer, whatever one of those might be. Has anyone had this error appear when trying to link VS & Ranorex?

I have even tried rolling back to VS 2012 with the 2012 MSCCI and all that changed, was that the 'Version' mentioned in the error went from 12.0.0.0 to 11.0.0.0. I am now back on VS 2013 with the 2013 MSSCCI. Based on a post on the Microsoft forum, I have also installed VS Remote Tools and VS Agents, but this has *NOT* fixed the problem. (*EDIT*: I had a typo here and missed out the word NOT. I have added it, so my post now makes sense :-) )

As far as I'm aware, the company is using TFS 2016, which I would assume is fully patched and updated.

If I click on 'Ok' on the popup, I just get a sequence of other even more uninformative errors. I don't get the Ranorex 'You're using a local workspace do you want to change to an server workspace?' popup, but Ranorex does seem to be partially linked to TFS, but the folders/modules either have padlocks or are showing as missing.

Any clues, pointers and suggestions that anyone has would be most welcome.

Cheers James
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

asdf

Re: Issues linking Ranorex to TFS

Post by asdf » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:32 pm

Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar to TFS. However, I think you have to install the Team Explorer.
Hope this helps.

JimLin

Re: Issues linking Ranorex to TFS

Post by JimLin » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:52 am

Hi, Having spent sometime looking into this continuing problem, with help from someone on Stackoverflow (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/486 ... 0_48700424), it seems that this is an unsolvable issue. It seems to be down to the fact that we are using TFS 2017 and the most recent MSSCCI 2013/2015 is not compatible with TFS 2017. Currently, as far as I can tell, from googling, MS have no intention of updating the MSSCCI. I'm surprised that no other Ranorex user has raised this as an issue.

We are going to move to SVN for our source control. Hopefully we don't have any problems with this.