Issues upgrading to Ranorex Studio 9.2

Ask general questions here.
seurrep

Issues upgrading to Ranorex Studio 9.2

Post by seurrep » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:04 pm

I was previously using 8.3.1 without any issues and attempted to upgrade to 9.2 this morning (Windows 10 64 bit).

Previously everything was working correctly but now I get the generic errors about failing to find the licence server.

One thing that probably isn't relevant but I thought I'd mention anyway: when running 8.3.1 the start menu item for this simply read 'Ranorex Studio' whereas with the new version it includes '(32 bit)'. I don't recall offhand if the previous version was 64 bit or not. There does not seem to be a 64 bit version installed.

A colleague of mine had a similar issue when they tried to upgrade to 9.1. I'm told the licence server has been updated although have yet to be given the version number.

Any ideas?

dpFourOFour
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Issues upgrading to Ranorex Studio 9.2

Post by dpFourOFour » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:29 pm

Hey,
Are you sure your Licenses are valid for the current release? Please check the column "Expires" in your license manager.

Concerning the 32 and 64 bit version, Ranorex added a 64bit version with 9.0.0 release (early 2019 afaicr)

Also please make sure to always include the exact error message, to avoid any misunderstandings ;)

Best,
DP
Please always include the following information to your posts
  • Ranorex Version
  • OS Version

seurrep

Re: Issues upgrading to Ranorex Studio 9.2

Post by seurrep » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:21 pm

It looks like the expiry. Licences were purchased but apparently the licence server had not been updated with the new licence keys.