Item not found when run as a suite.

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
dmconsulting

Item not found when run as a suite.

Post by dmconsulting » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:04 pm

I have a basic module that selects each feature in a list. If I run the recording by itself, it runs just fine. If I run the test as part of a suite, it fails to find one particular item. I can highlight the item, spy sees it no issue. But for whatever reason, it bombs at the same point.

I added a Validate step to make sure items exist and now the validation fails on that item, but only when run as part of the test case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Item not found when run as a suite.

Post by odklizec » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:25 am

Hi,

Could you please post also a full xpath of failing element (as stored in repository) and also exact error message you receiving (ideally, post entire test report)? Thanks.

The only thing I can suggest so far, is that you should try most recent Ranorex 9.2. From the snapshots you posted, it seems, that you are using somewhat old 9.1.0. There were introduced many bug fixes between 9.1 and 9.2 so it may be worth to try the most recent version. But in my opinion, your problem is rather caused by an unoptimized xpath?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration