Item "xxxxx"is no Table. The element does not support the required capability 'table'

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
amrit.singh

Item "xxxxx"is no Table. The element does not support the required capability 'table'

Post by amrit.singh » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:29 pm

I am getting message as 'Item "xxxxx"is no Table. The element does not support the required capability 'table''. I have tried coupe of options provided in the forum but no luck with any of the responses. (using Tabletag, Htmlelement, webelement)

I have tried with another table in application before posting ths issue and that table also has the same problem, I have checked in object Properties as well.

attached the screenshot and the code I have tried so far :

Ranorex.TableTag htmlTable = new Ranorex.TableTag(repo.element);
IList<TrTag> iListTableRows = htmlTable.FindDescendants<TrTag>();
int tableRowsCount = iListTableRows.Count;

any pointers from experts would be of great help

cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Item "xxxxx"is no Table. The element does not support the required capability 'table'

Post by odklizec » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi,

At first, please post a Ranorex snapshot (NOT screenshot) of the problematic table. Screenshot is unfortunately useless. At next, please try to change the Adapter type of problematic table (in repository) from Table to tabletag. Just select the given table element in repo, and in its properties, change Adapter type property from Table to TableTag. Hope this helps?

Also, you forgot to inform us what Ranorex version do you use? Most recent is 8.3.1. If you are using something older, please update it first and try to reproduce your problem.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

amrit.singh

Re: Item "xxxxx"is no Table. The element does not support the required capability 'table'

Post by amrit.singh » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:06 pm

Thank you for your response,

I don't see any option to select "Adapter type" - there is only single option as "Default"

Pease find the attached snapshot as advised.
I am using latest version.

Cheers,
Amrit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:16 pm

Hi,

OK, the snapshot quickly revealed to me, that you are using Ranorex 7.2.1, which is over a year old and no longer supported. Please update Ranorex with most recent 8.3.1 and check if the problem still exists there. If you are unable to update to 8.3.1, due to expired Ranorex license, you may still try 8.3.1 in trial mode.

I'm afraid, it makes no sense trying to solve a problem, which may already be fixed in never versions.

BTW, in the snapshot, it seems as if the preferred capability of the element is correctly recognized as tabletag. What you can try is to use 'tabletag' element, instead of simple 'table'. So use xpath like this:
/dom[@domain='jbaclienttest.westcoast.co.uk']/frameset//frame[@name='mainFrame']/?/?/tabletag
Last edited by odklizec on Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

amrit.singh

Post by amrit.singh » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:20 pm

I appreciated your suggested and will follow. I am in discussion of renewing the license and will give a try soon after upgrade.
Thanks for your prompt response.