Iterate a Test Suite

Ask general questions here.
schemer1

Iterate a Test Suite

Post by schemer1 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi,

I need to able able to iterate a test suite that has one test case and 4 modules. My requirement is to run this test suite continually over an hour. So basically grab the current time and add an hour to it and store this value in a variable. Then set up a do while loop that runs the test suite until the current time > the set variable. Any ideas on how this can be done?

Thanks

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Iterate a Test Suite

Post by Support Team » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi,
schemer1 wrote:Any ideas on how this can be done?
Please take a look to following post
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/testrun-t2969.html

I would suggest you to start the testsuite only once and iterate the testcase, because if you start the test suite about 1000 times you will get 1000 reports. If you iterate throught the testcase Ranorex generates only one report.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

schemer1

Re: Iterate a Test Suite

Post by schemer1 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi thanks for the response.
I agree it makes sense to iterate the test case rather than the suite, however I'm now sure how this can be done in the situation i have. All the information seems to refer to fixed data related iterations rather than a variable loop.
I have figured out a solution that works although it doesn't look very tidy. This solution is to have only one test case with one user code module. This user code module has a do while loop. In the loop calls are made to each of the required modules. It would have been even better if one call to a group module could have been done.
Any suggestions are most welcome!
Thanks