Java SWT warning

Ask general questions here.
justletmesignup

Java SWT warning

Post by justletmesignup » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:30 pm

Hello all,

I'm back with another quick question! On all of my tests, I get this particular warning in the Ranorex report.

The image is attached to this post; I should've probably read how to put images directly here - sorry for this.

Any clarification would be appreciated - thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

krstcs

Re: Java SWT warning

Post by krstcs » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:48 pm

Please always include the following when posting questions on the forums as will greatly help speed up responses and allow us to know more about what is going on.

Version of Ranorex.
Version of Windows.
Technology your SUT is built on.
A Ranorex Snapshot (not a screenshot) of your SUT, specifically any element that is problematic.
The RanoreXPath of any element that you have questions about.

If your SUT is built on Java SWT, then you have not instrumented it correctly with Ranorex. There are options under "Plugins" in the Ranorex Global Settings dialog that are specifically related to Ranorex SWT support. Look under the Java section.

If your SUT is not built on Java SWT, you probably just have an SWT application open in the background when running your test. Ranorex will throw a warning any time it encounters a window that is not instrumented. If you aren't testing an SWT application, you can ignore/disregard this warning.
Shortcuts usually aren't...