Jenkins Integration

Ask general questions here.
kavya13

Jenkins Integration

Post by kavya13 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:37 am

Hello Team,

I am integrating Ranorex test automation with Jenkins to see the test results/coverage results.

I have configured the ranorex test suite execution using the Jenkins plugin for it.
https://plugins.jenkins.io/ranorex-integration/

Problem Facing Currently:
We have screen UI based testing in our most of the test cases
a. First the screen of the system has to be live whenever the test cases are being executed – meaning the system should not be locked at any time but our organization has a policy not to do that.
b. Or else someone have to remote login and keep the machine alive with the screen being displayed on their machine.

Even we minimize the RDP connection, the testcases are failing with black screen (observed in the ranorex studio stack trace).

Do we have any way to execute these test cases, without any manual intervention to avoid the mentioned problems?

Kindly help me with the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Stub

Re: Jenkins Integration

Post by Stub » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:27 am

We have our system setup to unlock the full desktop with LogonExpert, run the tests, then re-lock the desktop after the testrun has been completed. We avoid using RDP because it interferes with the testing.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Jenkins Integration

Post by odklizec » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:38 am

Hi,

I'm too using LogonExpert for our Jenkins configuration. I think that as long Jenkins and test VMs are dedicated just for tests and with test (not production) data, there should be no problem with always "on" machines? Of course, you should not use real users and logins in your tests and VMs should use limited-type accounts.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration