Jira Integration: addCustomFieldValue by field ID

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
Vaughan.Douglas

Jira Integration: addCustomFieldValue by field ID

Post by Vaughan.Douglas » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:09 pm

We've run into a situation where the name of a required Jira field is not unique on the Jira server. The addCustomFields method of the the Automation Helper's JiraReporter class uses the issue.CustomFields.Add method of the Atlassian.Jira library. This method appears to grab the first field matching the name of the desired custom field. Unfortunately for us, that field is not available on our form and throws an error when attempting to update the issue.

I was looking for a way to extend, override, or overload the method, but my C# skills aren't as sharp (pun may or may not be intentional) as my VB skills. I don't see a way to expose the CustomFieldValueCollection AddById method without altering the Automation Helper's code. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd certainly appreciate it.

As for getting something official in the Automation Helper's code base, should I raise a feature request on the Git Hub project or is that more of a uservoice request?
Doug Vaughan

qwertzu

Re: Jira Integration: addCustomFieldValue by field ID

Post by qwertzu » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:38 pm

Hi Vaughan.Douglas,

I think, your topic is rather Jira related than Ranorex, since you want to alter the Atlassian.Jira library if I understand you correctly.
As for getting something official in the Automation Helper's code base, should I raise a feature request on the Git Hub project or is that more of a uservoice request?
I'd use the UserVoice platform. Others will be able to vote for your feature and so it will be prioritized.

regards, qwertzu

Vaughan.Douglas

Re: Jira Integration: addCustomFieldValue by field ID

Post by Vaughan.Douglas » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:03 pm

qwertzu wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:38 pm
Hi Vaughan.Douglas,

I think, your topic is rather Jira related than Ranorex, since you want to alter the Atlassian.Jira library if I understand you correctly.
I'd use the UserVoice platform. Others will be able to vote for your feature and so it will be prioritized.

regards, qwertzu
No this is an issue with the Ranorex Automation Helpers library. The Atlassian.SDK has an appropriate method that is just not exposed through the Ranorex Automation Helpers. The Ranorex Automation Helper uses the Add method of Atlassian.SDK's CustomFieldValueCollection object. I'd like Ranorex to make a modification to the Ranorex Automation Helper that allows the use of the AddByID method of Atlassian.SDK's CustomFieldValueCollection object.
Doug Vaughan