jqxGrid Header dissapears

Ask general questions here.
larnold134

jqxGrid Header dissapears

Post by larnold134 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:47 pm

Hi folks,

I've recently ran into a problem regarding the collapse of the header of jqxGrids from jqWidget which was discussed in this forum:
https://www.jqwidgets.com/community/top ... me-and-ff/

The original post comes from odklizec who is a bit of a legende here. So my question is:

Do you (odklizec) have any updates in this case?

Kind regards

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: jqxGrid Header dissapears

Post by odklizec » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:09 pm

Hi,

I'm afraid, I dont have anything new regarding this issue. Honestly, I completely forgot about it. I don't even remember how we solved it at that time? :D But looking at the discussion, it seems that trey (authors of the componnet) dismissed the problem as incorrect use of their component? :D So if the issue persist, even today, the only thing you may probbaly do is to reopen the issue and try to persuade them to finally fix this problem. Because it's definitely a bug in jqxGrid component.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

larnold134

Re: jqxGrid Header dissapears

Post by larnold134 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:28 am

Hi,

thanks a lot for the reply.
We are currently working around this issue by disabling the setting "Use Ensure visible by default" in Ranorex. Therefore the JavaScript function scrollIntoView is not called and the header of the grid stays. This is just a workaround from us but till now it doesn't really affect the stability of our tests.

M colleague stated that maybe jqWidgets can't function properly with this methode, due to the experimental state of scrollIntoView:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... llIntoView