JUnit Report not updated anymore

Ask general questions here.
Sarah

JUnit Report not updated anymore

Post by Sarah » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:22 am

Hi all,

I have a long running smoke test (i.e. it will currently run every 15 minutes to perform a short test). In this test I also export the result as a junit file. This works well. But: after the test runned smoothly for one or two days, the file gets suddenly not updated anymore. If I am deleting the file then everything is running again.

As a solution I am now deleting it everytime the test runs with a batch script step in the test. But: for me that does not seem like the final solution. Did somebody else observe this problem? And what was your solution?

McTurtle

Re: JUnit Report not updated anymore

Post by McTurtle » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:30 pm

Hi Sarah,

If I understand you correctly, you keep writing into the same file for multiple test runs? I don't think this is the right approach. The right approach would be to create a new report file with a timestamp after each test run. It would be even better if you archive the report file to some other folder and clear the workspace before starting the test again.

BTW, how many lines does that file contain after 2 days?

Regards,
McTurtle

Sarah

Re: JUnit Report not updated anymore

Post by Sarah » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:04 am

Thanks for your reply.

I did it setup as it was explained in the Ranorex Blog (I am new to that topic, so I have to rely on such documentation completely).

So, probably, it would be a good idea if they update their blog post as well. I also didn't know that they append the result to the file. I was assuming that it gets overwritten completely (since in the blog, it was done without timestamp and so on, and also the old results have been saved as image files).

Anyway, now I at least know why this is happening. This helps me set up my test in a a clean way.