Junit test report is corrupt.

Ask general questions here.
dmconsulting1

Junit test report is corrupt.

Post by dmconsulting1 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:55 pm

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else, so I thought I should ask. This is the second time this has happened. The first time I removed and re-added the Automation Helpers and it resolved the issue. That hasn't worked this time.

The tests pass without issue and a PDF report is created, but the junit report is corrupt. I have attached the reports, but here is the gist of the junit report:

<testcase
name="Recipe_Functions"
time="16"
classname="BuildValidation">
<system-out><![CDATA[---[Success] Attribute 'Text' of element for item 'P38Repository.ApplicationUnderTest.Recipe_Name_Field' does match the specified value.---
[type] repoitem
[path] /form[@processname='DrillApp']/?/?/text[@accessiblerole='Text']
[itempath] ?/?/text[@accessiblerole='Text']
[fullname] P38Repository.ApplicationUnderTest.Recipe_Name_Field
[id] a81d27325e374f6a98d6279557e76564
[timeout] 60000
[codefile] c:\Work\P38V&V\P38\Modules\Recipe Functions\BrowseNewRecipe.cs
[itemindex] 8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---[Success] Attribute 'Text' of element for item 'P38Repository.ApplicationUnderTest.Tool_Set_Field' does match the specified value.---
[type] repoitem
[path] /form[@processname='DrillApp']/text[@controlname='ToolSetTextBox']/text[@accessiblerole='Text']
[itempath] text[@controlname='ToolSetTextBox']/text[@accessiblerole='Text']
[fullname] P38Repository.ApplicationUnderTest.Tool_Set_Field
[id] ab1fa32ac50d4b7bb1bacb3eabed9e82
[timeout] 60000
[itemindex] 9
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---[Success] Attribute 'Text' of element for item 'P38Repository.ApplicationUnderTest.Alignment_Field' does match the specified value.---
[type] repoitem
[path] /form[@processname='DrillApp']/text[@controlname='AlignmentTextBox']/text[@accessiblerole='Text']
[itempath] text[@controlname='AlignmentTextBox']/text[@accessiblerole='Text']
[fullname] P38Repository.ApplicationUnderTest.Alignment_Field
[id] 65662d3889c047de9d2a7c01bca1a2cd
[timeout] 60000
[itemindex] 10
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
]]></system-out>
</testcase>
Attachments
pdfReport.png
pdfReport.png (57.49 KiB) Viewed 33 times
BuildReport2020.rxlog.junit.xml
(33.93 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Junit test report is corrupt.

Post by Support Team » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:10 pm

Hello,

This issue is being handled via a support ticket, the resolution will be posted here for reference.

-Sean
Regards,

dmconsulting1

Re: Junit test report is corrupt.

Post by dmconsulting1 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:10 pm

Thanks again for the help on this, Sean. It seems the report is correct and is reporting back to TFS correctly.

Deleting the old reports from the agent seems to have corrected the issue. I would be interested in knowing what caused it. But at least I have an idea of how to resolve it should it happen again.