KeePass error in Ranorex Lessons

Ask general questions here.
Eamonn

KeePass error in Ranorex Lessons

Post by Eamonn » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:00 am

I am following the Ranorex Lessons 1 -9 for the Foundation Level Certification and I have followed the instructions to move the KeePass folder from the Ranorex installation folder to my Projects folder. However the attached named KeePass.PNG error message appears when I am executing the recorded module from lessons.

Can you help me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: KeePass error in Ranorex Lessons

Post by Support Team » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi Eamonn,

Have you really copied all the files of the KeePass folder including the "NewDatabase.kdbx" one?
KeePass.png
I tried to reproduce your error but in my case everything worked just fine after I copied that folder.

Regards,
Markus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eamonn

Post by Eamonn » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:27 pm

Markus, thank you for your reply. I believe I have copied all these files over to my project folder correctly. I copied the complete KeePass folder from the Samples folder using Copy & paste. But the error did occur.
Regards
Eamonn

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi Eamonn,

You're welcome!
I googled a bit and found the following two links where they troubleshoot this issue.
Here are the links: link 1 and link 2.
There you can find different suggestions how to solve this issue.
I can confirm that the sample provided here "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ranorex 5.2\Samples\Desktop\KeePass Sample\KeePassTestSuite\KeePass" should run as expected with Ranorex version 5.2, so there shouldn't be any issue from the Ranorex side.

Regards,
Markus

Eamonn

Post by Eamonn » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:12 pm

Markus, thanks for the help, I have not got a solution for my problem yet but your information is helping me work throught the issue.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi Eamonn,

I am glad the information proves helpful.
If you need any further assistance please do let me know.

Regards,
Markus

Eamonn

Post by Eamonn » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:55 pm

After increasing the RAM in my machine this issue is not being experienced by me. I had been expereincing warnings in the Ranorex reports when executing individual Test Cases and Test Suites on unrelated solutions that I did not have admin user previliges to complete the task. This issue was also resolved when the RAM for my machine was increased. Thanks for you earlier help.