KendoUI and Edge

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
MB_wiko

KendoUI and Edge

Post by MB_wiko » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:09 pm

Hello together,

we just installed Ranorex 7 with endpoints. I opend our KendoUI application in Spy with this selenium endpoint in Edge. Unfortunately Spy gets no access to Edge. In the right down corner I saw the screenshot of our application, but when I move the mouse over the different appliation areas only the top menues are marked the object of applications are no marked, when mouse goes over.

You can see it in the following screenshot:
Unbenannt.PNG
, mouse over top menu the elements are marked, mouse over the rest application no elements are marked.

Does anyone knows a solution?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MB_wiko

Re: KendoUI and Edge

Post by MB_wiko » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:03 pm

I just tested it with IE, Firefox and Chrome, in all 3 cases I had the same limited access to the elements of application (i described). If I use selenium firefox plugin I get full access to our application. Perhaps a problem of Ranorex in comibination of selenium?

MB_wiko

Post by MB_wiko » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:19 am

I made some further investigation with following results:

I saw with the browsers IE, Firefox, Chrome and Edge only the menu top has attribute visible=true, the other elements of these website I saw in the Spy (Spy with endpoint selenium), but with attribut visible=false. I checked the attributes in Firefox with F12 console and there is no attribute visible. All the elements are visible in same session Firefox. I saw the elements with my eyes. Same session in Firefox in Spy not visible, in Firefox I saw the elements and I didn't find the attribute visible in F12-console.

MB_wiko

Post by MB_wiko » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:21 am

Unfortunately I can not made a snapshot with Spy (with endpoint selenium). The button is not active.

MB_wiko

Post by MB_wiko » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:24 am

I just made a snapshot without endpoint with IE. I attached the file. Perhaps it helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MB_wiko

Post by MB_wiko » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:26 am

I also made a screenshot of DOME with not visible attributes.

MB_wiko

Post by MB_wiko » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:28 am

I also tested selenium Firefox plugin and it has access to the DOME in firefox, the conclusion is that my selenium installation works fine?! The selenium server displays also sucess message in background, when I load Spy with Endpoint. I also checked the version of Edgedriver it is OK.

MB_wiko

Post by MB_wiko » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:56 am

When I tipped http://localhost:4444/wd/hub/ into Firefox I saw the selenium page. Selenium is working.

MB_wiko

Post by MB_wiko » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:57 am

I tipped http://localhost:4444/wd/hub/ into Firefox and saw the sessions created by start of Edge in Spy.

MB_wiko

Post by MB_wiko » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:13 am

The endpoint has connection to selenium, the message in Ranorex is connected, I also test the connetion in ednpoint, here all OK. If I stopp the selenium server I get an error message in endpoint in Ranorex. Seems to be OK?!?

asdf

Post by asdf » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:57 pm

Hi,

May I ask you to create a snapshot of your application under test during runtime, while running in Edge and upload it here?
Therefore, put the following code into a code method, after the OpenBrowser action.

Code: Select all

Report.Snapshot("repo.YourFolder.YourElement");

MB_wiko

Post by MB_wiko » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:40 am

Hi

thanks a lot for your answer. I tried with your code in a code module and get the following message:

No element found for path 'repo.yourfolder.yourelement' within 10s.

I know I must replace this string, but I have no idea how to replce the string:

repo.yourfolder.yourelement

I searched in internet and found nothing about this method. Do you have an idea?

asdf

Post by asdf » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:57 pm

Hi MB,

If you are using this line of code within an usercode module, you have to instantiate your repository first.
RepoInstance.png
If you are using a code method within a recording, you should be able to access all elements within your repository.

Hope this helps.

MB_wiko

Post by MB_wiko » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:36 am

perfect, thanks for your information and the very good screenshots. My not a developer and must learn the coding logic first. I will try it.

MB_wiko

Post by MB_wiko » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Thanks for your answer, I tried but I didn't get the snapshot. The path and NameOfInstance are Null and didn't work. At the moment I didn't get enough time for solving this problem. I will try it later again.