Licence server address for runtime

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
gch

Licence server address for runtime

Post by gch » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:57 am

Hello.
I prepared test for floating runtime. It works on another machine.
My teammate tried to use it and he put the address of licencing server wrong. Now every time he tries to use it shows the information of wrong server address for one moment and stops. There is no way of finding the wrong address by regedit. Coping whole Debug folder doesn't help either.
Please help resolve this issue, I have no idea where this wrong address is located and how to fix it.
Regards
Grzegorz

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Licence server address for runtime

Post by odklizec » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:10 am

Hi,

Where exactly he put the license info wrong? In the Ranorex license tool on that remote machine? Just go to that remote machine, open Ranorex license tool and rename license server. This should fix the problem?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

McLord

Post by McLord » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:14 am

Hello,

I think I have the same problem.
For testing I have one premium licence installed on my local maschine and deleted this licence on the server
I will run from my developer overview a test suit and I become an error message that the licence was not found.
The error message includes the DNS adress from the old server licence.

But my licence is on my local maschine installed.

I have also searched in the registry....of course reboot also done

gch

Post by gch » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:03 am

Thank you for help.
So, it is possible to run test without Ranorex installation. It can be done by exporting Debug catalogue with Runtime. But if you make mistake with license server address – you need installation with licensing tool.
Regards
Grzegorz

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:22 am

Hi Grzegorz,

I'm not quite sure I understand what exactly went wrong, but it seems you found the solution then?

Anyway, as I mentioned many times before, installing whole Studio on all Ranorex-operating machines is always a good idea, even if you don't want to use Studio there. For A) it will install and register all required runtimes, 3rd party libs and browser extensions on the target machine. And for B), in case of problems, you may want to debug failing tests on target machine, especially if they are working fine on source machine! And therefore, having Studio on all machines may be useful after all? ;) And with properly configured license, you don't have to worry that tests will "eat" Studio license.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

gch

Post by gch » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:26 pm

Yes I found solution, thank you, and I owe you explanation.
We have one Studio licence but node locked and second one – only runtime floating.
So I didn’t find installing Studio necessary or even helpful to start test on another station with only runtime license (leased).
In manual Ranorex doesn’t supervise to install anything:
https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/ran ... execution/
And it works, but if you make mistake with wrong licence server address you don’t know how to fix it, you see wrong address during execution but form where you entered it was shown only once (during first execution).
Thank you Pavel very much.
Regards
Grzegorz