License Information for Remote Execution

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
cggalloway

License Information for Remote Execution

Post by cggalloway » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:47 pm

I am working with both version 8.2 and 9.1

Version 9.1 has the option to include runtime license information in a module build and deploys as a separate file (*.lic)

How is runtime license information referenced in a version 8.2 build? I've searched config files and a XML files and have not found any reference to the floating license server.

Thanks

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: License Information for Remote Execution

Post by Support Team » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:16 pm

Hi cggalloway,

If you include a floating license configuration file in the same folder as the test executable, the test will use that license file. Otherwise, it will look for the license file in the default location (%programdata%). I am not quite sure when this logic was implemented, but I believe it has been around since before Ranorex 6.0.

To generate a floating license configuration file, use your local license configuration tool (Start menu > Ranorex Licensing *) and, if it is not already, set it to connect to the License Manager with the floating runtime license (Recommended: Type = Auto). Once complete, copy the license file from %programdata% (Ranorex3_Server.lic) to the test executable's folder. The test will now use this license configuration when ran.
1.png
1.png (10.32 KiB) Viewed 77 times

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ned

cggalloway

Re: License Information for Remote Execution

Post by cggalloway » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:04 am

Outstanding! Just what I needed.

Many, Many Thanks!