License Manager service not starting

Bug reports.
MichaelM

License Manager service not starting

Post by MichaelM » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:24 am

Hi everyone.

Initially we used Ranorex 7.0.0 for evaluation. Later we bought license and yesterday installed it and at the same time upgraded to 7.1.1. Yesterday it worked file. In our network we have dedicated server for Ranorex and this night it was rebooted by itself (not sure why). Before reboot in our monitoring system I found abnormally high CPU utilization so maybe Ranorex updated itself again. Finally today
I can't start Studio - it can't contact License Manager. When I start License Manager (7.0) GUI I don't see license and all buttons except "Close" are inactive. When I try to start RanorexLicenseService manually I see "Ranorex license manager service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other service or programs". In Event Viewer I see an error (see below).
Can anyone advise how to fix this issue? OS is Windows Server 2016 Datacenter.

Thanks.

Service cannot be started. System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Ranorex.Libs.DualModeNetFactory' from assembly 'Ranorex.Libs.Util, Version=7.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b798506b574ebc9a'.
   at Ranorex.Tools.LicenseService.LicenseService.OnStart(String[] args)
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

McTurtle

Re: License Manager service not starting

Post by McTurtle » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:55 pm

Hello MichaelM,

I would suggest that you try to delete the following file: C:\ProgramData\RanorexLicenseServer\LicenseManager.sdf

If this does not help, then I would recommend that you reinstall the Ranorex License Manager and Ranorex, if it is installed on the system.

Please let me know if it helped.

Regards,
Mcturtle

lejogo

Post by lejogo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:26 am

Hi.

We're experiencing the exact same problem, even though we've had Ranorex 7.1 for some time. Not quite sure when this occured, but it might be something similar to what MichaelM experienced.

I addition to what MichaelM mentions, in "Configure Ranorex License" GUI, the server status has the following to say:
"ERROR: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [MAC]: port"

We've tried deleting "LicenseManager.sdf", and reinstalling Ranorex and License Manager with no results.

Have you sorted it out MichaelM?

Thanks,

lejogo

dpFourOFour
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by dpFourOFour » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi lejogo,

The error "ERROR: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [MAC]: port" is usually an indication that the connection to the license manager could not be established. I'd check if the port 7266 is open in both directions.
In addition, check if you are running the latest version of the license manager.

Best,
DP
Please always include the following information to your posts
  • Ranorex Version
  • OS Version

lejogo

Post by lejogo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:09 pm

We had the latest version of License Manager and Ranorex, and port 7266 was open in both directions. So that is why we could not figure out what the deal was.

Anyway, since you just released 7.2, we just updated both Ranorex and the License Manager, and now everything seems to be working properly again. No other changes have been made.

Just happy it works and that I can get back to doing what I was supposed to do. Thanks for the reply though!