License server connection warnings pop over all windows

Bug reports.
krstcs

License server connection warnings pop over all windows

Post by krstcs » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Windows 7 Pro
Ranorex 5.2.1 (actually has been happening as long as I've used Ranorex)

The Ranorex license server connection warnings are popping over all windows on the desktop which causes issues with viewing other applications.

No dialog from an application should be modal over other applications. Only the operating system should put up system-modal dialogs.

In addition, the dialog also pops up after starting a test run, which causes the test to break. The Ranorex software should check immediately upon test start and not attempt the test if it cannot get a valid license or if the dialog is already present. The scenario is that my system went to sleep and when I returned, I started the test run immediately (from within Ranorex Studio) before the popup appeared. The test started running, but within a few seconds the dialog appeared, which covered part of the screen where the test was trying to click.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: License server connection warnings pop over all windows

Post by Support Team » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:45 pm

Hi krstcs,

Thank you for reporting this. I assume that you execute your tests using Ranorex Studio. You can also use the Ranorex Test Suite Runner or only the *.exe file instead. The dialog should not appear there.
I also added an entry in our Bug Tracking system. Maybe we can change that the dialog is over all other windows.

Regards,
Bernhard

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:32 pm

Thanks Bernhard. My desire would be to see the popup only be modal on the Ranorex windows, but that's just me. :D
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:57 am

Hi krstcs,

Thank you. I added your suggestion ;-)

Regards,
Bernhard