Lineage glue rule wpf_root exception

Bug reports.
siddhantsudan

Lineage glue rule wpf_root exception

Post by siddhantsudan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:48 pm

Hi,

When I run my tests sometimes I get the following exception"lineage glue rule wpf_root caused argument exception on execute.An item with same key has already been added".This does not break my tests and the execution goes on.Whenever I clean my solution and then build it it disappears when the solution runs for the first time,however it again pops up the second time the solution is run.I wanted to know why I am getting this exception.Thanks in advance.I am using Ranorex 5.3.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Lineage glue rule wpf_root exception

Post by odklizec » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi,

At first, Ranorex 5.3 is pretty old and no longer supported. There were introduced many WPF related changes and fixes since 5.3, so I strongly recommend to update your existing version with at least 5.4.6 (last 5.x supported version) or most recent 6.0.2. Then try your solution again and let us know if it helped or not.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

siddhantsudan

Post by siddhantsudan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:07 pm

I found that I am getting this exception because of popup watcher class.When I do not use popup watcher I no longer get the exception.Any ideas as to what might be wrong with using popup watcher.

Thanks,
Siddhant

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:53 am

Hello Siddhant,

As already mentioned by odklizec, Ranorex 5.3 is no longer supported. Please update to our latest version, currently Ranorex 6.0.2 or at least to our latest bug-fix version of Ranorex 5.4 (Ranorex 5.4.6)

Sincerely,
Robert

owyndwight

Post by owyndwight » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:59 pm

I have recently upgraded from Ranorex 7.01, to the latest; 7.1 and I am now getting almost the same error when I use the popupwatcher, see image below.

I am on Windows 10 Pro x64, I am also running Ranorex as administrator, I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing Ranorex and i still seem to have the same problem.

Please can you help :(
Attachments
rxIssue.JPG
rxIssue.JPG (21.36 KiB) Viewed 621 times

owyndwight

Post by owyndwight » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:35 am

UPDATE: Uninstalled Ranorex 7.1 and downloaded the previous version: 7.01, I no longer have the issue now

owyndwight

Post by owyndwight » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:39 am

I do however still get this issue in both 7.1 and 7.01, I have tried running both Ranorex and the application as admin etc and still seem to get this problem
Attachments
rxIssue3.JPG
rxIssue3.JPG (205.66 KiB) Viewed 615 times

owyndwight

Post by owyndwight » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:03 pm

UPDATE: Solved that issue, if anyone else has a similar problem, check your Temp folder in your AppData folder in your user account, mine was full of files and possibly some corrupted files that were causing some issues with the permissions on the Temp folder itself, so i simply cleared out the Temp folder as best as I could (I had almost 15gb of files in there) and then the permissions were back to normal as they are in the screenshot:
Attachments
Solved.png
Solved.png (67.54 KiB) Viewed 609 times

uhmdown

Post by uhmdown » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:22 pm

Are you still getting the LineageGlueRule exception when using the PopupWatcher.

I got the exception to stay away by inserting a delay after starting up the watcher.
It seems to be sensitive to GUI changes during startup, so inserting a delay gives the watcher time to do its thing before the rest of the module can continue.