LineageGlueRule 'cef_win32_rule'-Exception

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
lawrence

LineageGlueRule 'cef_win32_rule'-Exception

Post by lawrence » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:17 am

Hi forum

I'm intermittently getting the following error message when executing my test suite (Ranorex 7.2.0, Java SWT applicaiton):
LineageGlueRule 'cef_win32_rule' caused NullReferenceException on Execute. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
According to the logfile the error message is triggered by some of my user code actions. Sometimes code execution continues, but sometimes the whole test runner is inactivated and blocked. Upon analysis I figured out that this is always happening where I'm waiting for the main form-element of the AUT to be displayed after executing the application. As the login window usually takes like 4-5seconds to display and getting ready for input I'm trying to achieve this as follows:

Code: Select all

RegressionRepository.Instance.LoginWindow.SelfInfo.WaitForExists(10000);
//run code for filling in of username/pw here
In other places I'm checking the existence of an old session in order to kill the process using Exists(3000) and am sometimes getting the same problem.

Hence, my question is whether there's a better method/best practice for waiting for repo items to exist when there are longer waiting times (Delay?, Host.Local.FindSingle?)? Or does any of you have more information on the LineageGlueRule exception and what might be causing it?

Any help is much appreciated. If you need more info on some techincal details let me know.

Many thanks!

Lawrence

VanessaS

Re: LineageGlueRule 'cef_win32_rule'-Exception

Post by VanessaS » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:35 am

I'm using Host.Local.FindSingle and it's causing the same error you're getting.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:46 pm

Hello Lawrence and Vanessa,

First, may I ask if you started to experience this error message after upgrading to Ranorex 7.2.0?

Does the Ranorex Report contain a more detailed error message? It would be great if you could upload a compressed Ranorex Report of the failed test execution.

Furthermore, please create a Ranorex Snapshot of the SUT after the test failed.

If you do not want to upload this information to the forum, you could contact us directly via [email protected].

Thank you in advance,
Johannes

VanessaS

Post by VanessaS » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:00 am

I wrote the code after the upgrade to 7.2.0.

Sometimes I still see it listed in the console, but it never prints out in the report, and it appears less and less often. With every compile, the test case runs faster and smoother; which I find odd, but better than the alternative.

I described it in more detail in another thread: https://www.ranorex.com/forum/lineagegl ... 11404.html

VanessaS

Post by VanessaS » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:18 am

Current state of things:
LineageGlueRule.png
In this case, the error pops up when I use a WaitFor...Exists action in a recording module.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Hello Vanessa,

Could you send a snapshot of the corresponding UI element to [email protected]?
Probably, it will be necessary to analyze this issue via a remote session. Therefore, it would be great if you could get in touch with us by email.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Johannes