Local Variables Watch captures Print or Save

Ask general questions here.
willmtz

Local Variables Watch captures Print or Save

Post by willmtz » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:41 pm

Hello,
I have captured some "Local Variable" data and would like to either save or print this data. I would say, save, because there is a lot of data. I have searched the documentation and the forum sections found here, yet I did not find any previous questions asked about this topic.
I realize the captured data is massive, yet I would like to save it because I need to shutdown my system. Also, is there a way of automatically opening up the folders/lines without having to click on the many + symbols?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Local Variables Watch captures Print or Save

Post by Support Team » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi,

Yes of course, it’s possible to save any variable to a file. There a many ways to do so, please have a look at: Microsoft MSDN

As a small sample:

Code: Select all

System.IO.File.WriteAllText(@"C:\Test\LocalVariableData.txt",varSaveMe);
Regarding your second question, please use the “Expand Details”-button within your report in order to expand all branches.
ExpandDetails.png
Regards,
Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

willmtz

Post by willmtz » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Robert, thank you for your response. I will surely use the code provided. About the "Expand Details" button, please tell me where to locate it, or how to enable it within the Studio. I have looked in the "Local Variables" window and do not see it there. I have searched the User Guide and find nothing about this button. I have Studio 4.1.1, might this button be available in a newer version?

Robert, this is a couple of hours after I first replied. If I may ask; I can't find where to submit another new question. Could it be that we are allowed another question after this one has closed?
I can't find the "snapshot" tool, but I now beginning to look for it. If I find it, I will edit this posting.

In all uses of "location" are they all in the x;y format? The x axis being the horizontal axis?

Found the snapshot, it's in the SPY tool. Now I'm concern I would be exposing too much with the snapshot.

I have submitted my second topic/question.
thanks

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Hi,
The „Expand Details“-button can be found at the end of your test run within the report.
ExpandDetails.png
Hopefully I did not misinterpret your first question: ”How to store data to variables”. In order to store data you can add variables to your recording module. How to create and use those variables is described in our User Guide.

There are three settings on how the location of a Mouse.Click() is captured
  • None: The coordinates of the click related to the element expressed as a word. E.g(CENTER)
    Pixel : The coordinates of the click related to the upper left corner of the clicked element.
    Proportional: The coordinates of the click as a percentage related to overall height and length of the clicked element.
The setting can be found under:

• Ranorex Studio
• Global Settings
• Recorder Defaults
• Coordinate recording mode

Regards,
Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

willmtz

Post by willmtz » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:27 pm

Robert, thank you. You have been very patient with me. It was my misunderstanding, in that I did not actually set any "local variables." I just found what it had gathered. I guess it gathers all variables. I did a "Ctrl-Alt-V"
I will look to close this topic, if I can I will. You have answered it well.
Thank you.
will