Long delays between UI actions

Ask general questions here.
Selezen

Long delays between UI actions

Post by Selezen » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone out there could shed any light on some issues I've been having with Ranorex.

Ranorex Version : 4.04.23593
OS: Windows XP SP3, 1GB RAM, 3.47GHz processor VM under Hyper-V

I work in an environment where we use Team City to manage build servers that fire Ranorex tests following the successful compilation of new software versions.

In my project I have to test the software under Windows 7 and WIndows XP. The Windows 7 tests successfully complete but the Windows XP tests do not.

In all test environments there are long delays between a test being fired and the interface responding. In the development environment (again under Windows 7) the delays are there but are not as long. It seems to me that the test scripts are having to search through the repository to find the correct control and it takes what I would class as a very long time to do so.

This happens with every test and for the XP version I have had to extend the timeouts to cope with the longer wait times to find the controls. Eventually they are found and the test continues.

However, there is one test that is time dependent and must click a "Cancel" button before the completion of a file processing action. The delay in XP between launching the script event to click the button and the actual action of clicking the button is so long that the file processing action has completed and the button cannot be clicked as it has been disabled).

Have you any idea why this would be happening? I read a post from 2010 about McAfee causing this sort of delay so wondered f this could be be related (our network policy stops me from disabling McAfee so I can't test this myself) or if there could be another reason.

Thanks for your time.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Long delays between UI actions

Post by Support Team » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:17 pm

Hello Selezen,

May I ask if it’s possible for you to update your current Ranorex version to our latest version? Many performance issues were fixed since Ranorex 4.x.

Maybe it’s possible that you get the permission in order to disable McAfee temporarily so that you check if the anti-virus software is causing the long delay?

Regards,
Robert