Manual Validation Point Module

Download and share automation modules and examples.
Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Manual Validation Point Module

Post by Support Team » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:11 pm

During a test run it might be necessary to manually validate a specific state of the system under test. Add this module to any position within your test suite where a manual validation is required. A pop up dialog interrupts the test run and enables the tester to manually validate the system’s current state. Finally the tester specifies whether the validation step fails or succeeds and closes the dialog by pressing the “Yes” or “No” button.

Usage:
  1. Download the "ManualValidationPoint.cs" file to your computer and import it into your project by right-clicking your project in Ranorex Studio and choose "Add" -> "Existing Item..."
  2. Drag & Drop the module to your test case and define the variables by binding them to a parameter in your test case

Variables:
    ValidationText
    The Validation message which will be displayed.

StopOnError
    If set to "True" the test case will be stopped in case of a failed validation. Default is true.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bkruse

Re: Manual Validation Point Module

Post by bkruse » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:17 pm

Hi there,

I'm (still) running Ranorex 2.3.4.9270 (on Win 7 Pro 32bit).
Creating my own validation module seems very interesting, so I started to get this one here running first.

For playing around I created a small (new) project. I added a folder called "Modules", where all my stuff/helper classes reside.

What I did:
  • downloaded the ManualValidationPoint.cs file, stored it in my Project/Modules folder
  • In Ranorex, rightclick > Add > Existing Item... (the file is now open in Ranorex Editor view)
  • compile the Project (it previously did without errors) --> There are 8 errors, main issue (imho):
    Der Typ- oder Namespacename "Testing" ist im Namespace "Ranorex.Core" nicht vorhanden. (Fehlt ein Assemblyverweis?) (CS0234) - C:\...
    (And thus, it doesn't find TestModule, ITestModule, etc.)
  • rightclick on Project/References, to see if I can add something missing, but there is only Ranorex.Core and Ranorex.Core.WinApi (and some Ranorex.Libs.*, Ranorex.Plugin.*, etc.)
  • I searched for "Ranorex.Core.Testing" and found http://www.ranorex.com/Documentation/Ranorex-2.0/
    From that it seems like Ranorex.Core.Testing is available in V2.x, right?
  • I searched my PC for corresponding dlls, but nothing seems adequate.
So is just my Ranorex version too old? Am I missing some files that should have been installed?
It feels like I'm overlooking the obvious.

Thanks for any hints.
regards, Björn

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:59 pm

Hello Björn,

I'm sorry but the modules in this forum are only compatible with Ranorex 3 or higher versions.
Ranorex.Core.Testing is only available in Ranorex 3 or higher versions.

BTW, you might want to update to Ranorex 2.3.9 (please find a direct download link on the Ranorex Studio startpage).
bkruse wrote:I searched for "Ranorex.Core.Testing" and found http://www.ranorex.com/Documentation/Ranorex-2.0/
From that it seems like Ranorex.Core.Testing is available in V2.x, right?
The online API documentation always corresponds to the latest version, that is Ranorex 3.0.3 at the moment. The "2.0" in the URL is a relict and can be omitted.

Kind regards,
Gabor
Ranorex Support Team

bkruse

Post by bkruse » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Ok, I was afraid of that but couldn't find the info (that this Automation Modules are Ranorex 3.x and above) in a quick look.

Appreciating the quick replies here!
Thanks and regards, Björn

PS: Updated Ranorex to 2.3.9, thanks for the hint.