Menu and Head are cut in IE

Bug reports.
c676228

Menu and Head are cut in IE

Post by c676228 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:58 pm

Hi,

Anybody experienced your web application behaves differently when you use Ranorex?
Both my team members and I encountered that the head and menu of our web pages are cut during either the recording or the action script playing. Refresh the page or highlight the address bar and then press {enter} will bring the page back to normal. We never have this issue when Ranorex is not involved.

Another comment is: Ranorex sometimes is not responding during the recording, not sure what happened. Actually I saw the exact same behavior in 4/16 Best practice webinar(American Time Zone).
Anybody watched 2015-3-19 Best practice recording(American time zone)? As you can see the search result behaves differently with Ranorex involved. And you can see Adobe Flash Player action script errors pop up at 1:41:49, 1:42:44, 1:46:33, 1:58:00. But you don't see that behavior when there is no Ranorex is involved.

Is Ranorex aware of the issue?
Anybody can provide an insight how to deal with or get around the issue?

Thanks,
Betty

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Menu and Head are cut in IE

Post by odklizec » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi,

Could you please post some more details about your problem?

IE version?
OS version?
Ranorex version?
Could you post a screenshot of the behavior?
Have you tried to reproduce it with another browser?
Does it have an impact on the page/recording functionality or it's just a refresh problem?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

c676228

Post by c676228 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:26 pm

Hi Odklizec,

I will verify the info below when I am at work tomorrow. The following is what I can remember now.

IE version? IE 10
OS version? Windows 8/64 bit
Ranorex version? 5.3.x
Could you post a screenshot of the behavior? I will attach screenshots tomorrow. Actually I have sent the screen shots to one of Ranorex support. But I am not sure what he thinks. I am trying to get some opinions/experiences from other users.
Have you tried to reproduce it with another browser? Our Web Application works with IE better than other browsers(some features don't work with other browsers. So we only use IE for this specific web application)
Does it have an impact on the page/recording functionality or it's just a refresh problem?
Yes, after menu is cut, this is no way to record or running the script unless you manually intervene the process with actions I mentioned above, or stop the recording and open the page in another tab, continue from there.

Thanks,
Betty

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi Betty,

I think you are already in contact with my colleague regarding the issue. Maybe it is easier to show us the behavior in a remote session.
I think the problem during the webinar was actually a problem with the website itself. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the recorder.
Please contact us regarding the remote session.

Regards,
Bernhard