Menu Item not recognised

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
VinRoxx

Menu Item not recognised

Post by VinRoxx » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:05 pm

Hello Team,

After my previous post I restarted the test suite to get the concepts clearly. However I came across new issue. The menu item for the Expiry Date from KeePass SUT is not getting recognised anymore as it was earlier.

No errors while running the tests but this will create an issue down the stream for data driven testing as I dont have menu item to make it a variable. I have attached the screenshots for what I am seeing and what is should be as per User guide.

Please assist me with any troubleshooting steps to fix it. I have so far reparied Ranorex, uninstalled and reinstalled it, tried chaning the access levels between users to admin and vise versa.

Thanks team.

My issue is similar to http://www.ranorex.com/forum/post24018.html?hilit=menu item#p24018 I believe but there was no solution in it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Menu Item not recognised

Post by Support Team » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:25 am

Hello VinRoxx,

Unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce the mentioned issues. As a first step, I would suggest updating Ranorex to its latest version, currently Ranorex 5.3.2. Create a new desktop sample, which will be a KeyPass sample.

Additionally, please note that elements, which are currently not available are shown as invalid within the Ranorex Spy.

Please let me know if you are able to run the sample successfully.

Regards,
Robert

VinRoxx

Post by VinRoxx » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:32 pm

Hello Team,

Thanks for response, I dont know what went wrong but after 5 to 6 attempts of creating new solution it finally worked with Admin privileges.

I have the latest version of Ranorex, anyways alls well ends well. I have moved ahead from this issue.

Cheers!
VinRoxx

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:08 am

Hello VinRoxx,

I'm glad that you were able to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Robert