Merge Reports

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
zator

Merge Reports

Post by zator » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:14 am

Hi,

Is it a simple way to merge several Ranorex *.rxlog files into one??

Paweł

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Merge Reports

Post by Support Team » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi,

Sorry, there is no easy way to merge several *.rxlog files.
One way may be to manually rewrite the xml files (however the date wouldn't be correct anymore).
Another way would be to convert your log files into pdf and merge them afterwards (here the functionalities like Test Case Filter or Expand/Collapse All get lost).

Regards,
Larissa
Ranorex Team

zator

Post by zator » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi,

I tried to conect few reports manualy and only first one works correctly, others are hmm.. less interactive :D .
I just need to get information about results of several tests in frew executable files and there is no need to have things like Spy View etc., so i thing manual work is enough. Thanks for help.

Paweł

zator

Post by zator » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:36 am

Hi,

I am writting because mabey someone will be interested in it. To mege few reports without losing posibility of using standard stylesheet and Ranorex Report Viewer you just have to merge <report> element and root-type <activity> element with all reports. You lose some general information about projects, like Computer name and list of global parameters is less readable but for me it is ok.

At the moment am trying to make reports compatible with Cruise Control .NET, so i will post if any success.

Paweł