Merging two projects into one

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
SteveSM.com

Merging two projects into one

Post by SteveSM.com » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:44 pm

Hello,

We have had an intern working for us for the last few weeks and has been creating some tests in Ranorex, I found out that he has created them in a separate project to the existing project we already have.

He has set up various Recording Modules and sorted them into test cases, how can I copy these across into the existing project.

I would like to keep the test cases as they are when they are copied across, if this isnt possible I can resort them.

I would also like to merge the repositories into one repository so everything is kept together for this specific project, how can I do this?

Thanks

Steve

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Merging two projects into one

Post by Support Team » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi Steve,

Basically, you can copy the structure of a test case from one test suite to another, but you would need to copy the recording modules and code modules manually to your "main" project.
After adding a module into your project, you will get a dialog which allows you to link or copy the files and the corresponding repository.

In my opinion, I'd copy those recordings and repository to your project and merge the repository manually afterwards, Except you are already working with multiple repositories.

I hope this information helps you overcoming your situation.
Should you have any further questions, please do let me know.

Regards,
Markus (S)