Metadata file 'csproj' could not be opened - File is corrupt

Ask general questions here.
MarkF

Metadata file 'csproj' could not be opened - File is corrupt

Post by MarkF » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:25 pm

If I try to start running a test from the main RXTST file, it starts up ok. However if I'm in one of the RXREC files and try running/playing it from there (either the whole thing or one of the individual steps). I get the following error message;

Metadata file '<Reference>.csproj' could not be opened -- 'File is corrupt.' - ... .Runner.exe

Where <Reference> is one projects that is referenced under 'References' for the Ranorex project. There's quite a few of these but one of them throws this error message. I've tried all manner of building/rebuilding/cleaning both the Ranorex project and the referenced projects (both the one that throws the error and all the others) and am now stumped, is there any way I can fix this or investigate further?

ETA replaced the 'csproj' references with references to the projects output DLL files directly. Had to replace a few other 'csproj' references to get it to work. Not sure if there's any side effects yet.

jma

Re: Metadata file 'csproj' could not be opened - File is corrupt

Post by jma » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:56 pm

First, please do let us know which version of Ranorex you currently use.
If you were not able to resolve the issue by changing your project references, please upload the Ranorex Solution in order we could have a look at the project structure and try reproducing the issue.