Module group inside of module group

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
fleipold

Module group inside of module group

Post by fleipold » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:09 pm

hello

i would like to ask if its possible to have module groups inside of module groups.
For example , i have module group a which contains module group b and c .
Or is there a other way to do it ?

Regards Florian

McTurtle

Re: Module group inside of module group

Post by McTurtle » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi Florian,

Module groups within module groups are not allowed. However, you can use folders in module groups. This should give you the ability to group recordings in multiple levels. Your module groups can then be a mix of recordings and some folders of modules.
You can add a folder to the module group by right clicking on the module group and navigating to “Add”->”New folder”:
ModuleGroups.png
Does this help?

Regards,
McTurtle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fleipold

Post by fleipold » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:50 am

hello

thanks for the suggestion . But thats kind of unpractical in regards of maintenance.
Lets say i have three modules. Navigating from a-b, c-d,e-f.
Now i want to make a module which navigates from a-f. Yes i could just add three folders with the same name as the above mentioned modules, but when i change something for one of these modules i need to do the same change to any module manually. Which is not a big deal if you only have a few modules. But will be complicated if you use a lot of them.

Regards Florian

McTurtle

Post by McTurtle » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Hi Florian,

Unfortunately, there is currently no other way to do this. You can create a feature request via the User Voice: Ranorex User Voice

Regards,
McTurtle