mouse move action blocked...

Bug reports.
dman

mouse move action blocked...

Post by dman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:24 pm

when mouse pointer in resize (double headed arrow) or edit (when hoovering an edit field) modes (might not be the only ones)

as different dialogs are diplayed along a normal flow, sometimes it happens that the pointer gets in one of the above modes and then, the next mouse "move" action is compromised

I'm kind of stuck with this problem since quite some time but only now I had time to signal it; any ideas? I'd be grateful for at least a workaround (for the moment)

All the best,
D.

p.s. AUT is a Flex web client.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: mouse move action blocked...

Post by Support Team » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Hi,

Which Ranorex version is in use and can you also see this issue with other mouse actions, like a click?
What do you exactly mean with "compromised", was the move not executed at all or did the mouse move to a wrong position?

Regards,
Markus

dman

Post by dman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:07 am

Hi Markus,

Using 3.3.4.20302
My bad, "compromised" is pretty vague; what I ment was: as soon as pointer in one of the mentioned states, no further mouse related action is performed - whether is click or move; the pointer is "frozen"

All the best,
D.

dman

Post by dman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:35 am

looking deeper into it: it is happening after an (by user code) unintended pointer state change e.g. a dialog appears and the pointer changes to resize or an input field is being filled and the pointer is being (Ranorex internal mechanisms I suppose) moved slightly on the bottom edge of the field

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi,

We haven't heard about such an issue before and I am also not able to reproduce the issue on my machine, could we therefore get access to your application and your used code?
If not we could also schedule an online meeting in order to analyze this issue in detail.
In both cases please send an email to our support mail address: [email protected].

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Markus

dman

Post by dman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:38 am

regarding the "edit" mode (which was blocking me): unfortunately I already took some actions for a workaround (move mouse before typing into the field) + cleaned the project - and now, no matter how much I tried, I can not reproduce it anymore (time is not on my side either). I'll come back with info if/when it happens again.

As for the resize mode, although it did happened pretty often, it is very hard to reproduce, as the pointer must be in a position where it would change mode (to resize) without user interaction, at run-time. In the case of my AUT, very much browser-window size dependent.

All the best,
D.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:02 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the information.
As Markus said, in order to reproduce the issue we will need access to your application and a detailed description how to reproduce it.
Thank you!

Regards,
Bernhard