Mouse Over Sub Menu Not Recorded/Captured

Ask general questions here.
Rickydee411

Mouse Over Sub Menu Not Recorded/Captured

Post by Rickydee411 » Tue May 23, 2017 4:38 pm

Hello,

I am new to Ranorex and have been recording a few test cases for our software... However, I am running into an issue where my fly-out/sub-menus are not being captured during the recording. Does anyone know how to fix this?

An example of the menu structure would look similar to the Ranorex's software View->Tools->Bookmarks - I am try to capture the Bookmarks click.

Thanks for your help in advance.

George

Vega

Re: Mouse Over Sub Menu Not Recorded/Captured

Post by Vega » Tue May 23, 2017 8:26 pm

Hi!

What exactly is the error you are getting? Is Ranorex not recognizing the object you are trying to click (red border)?
What technology are you recording against / what technology is your application under test (WPF, web, mobile, etc.)? Please attach a snapshot of your application under test:

http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... files.html

Rickydee411

Post by Rickydee411 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:41 pm

Thanks for your quick response. I was able to solve this issue by using my arrow keys to get to the desired menu. But I am still curious about a possible solution for the initial issue. BTW, I am using WPF. I am also not getting an error message... It's just that the sub-menu click is not being captured. See screen shot attached. The circled menu item is not being captured.
menu.jpg
Thanks again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed May 24, 2017 7:19 am

Hi,

Unfortunately, you forgot to mention Ranorex version you are using? Also, please post a Ranorex snapshot of the element in question. And finally, it may help to set "Show All Elements" option to True (in Ranorex Settings >> Plugins tab >> WPF section).
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration