Mouse Speed during Playback

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
rhx

Mouse Speed during Playback

Post by rhx » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:53 pm

Here http://www.ranorex.com/forum/speed-up-t ... t1674.html I found how to set e.g. mouse speed.

I understand I can place e.g.

Code: Select all

Mouse.DefaultClickTime = 0;  
Mouse.DefaultMoveTime = 0; 
within program.cs within main before

Code: Select all

TestSuiteRunner.Run
, right? Then it should be valid for all recordings called from within the rxtst file, right?

But for me it seems there is no effect. I can click the application much faster then Ranorex is doing it. It's because the object regocnition? Or are there more "hidden switches" somewhere?

Thanks, Rainer

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mouse Speed during Playback

Post by Support Team » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi rhx,

Please note that the forum post you are referring is already outdated and since that, a lot of changes where made within Ranorex.
Currently, every recording has both lines implemented. If you place the lines in the program.cs file, it will be overwritten. Therefore, please change the default values by modifying the settings as shown below.
Settings-RecorderDefaults.png
Settings-RecorderDefaults.png (20.79 KiB) Viewed 1009 times

Please do let me know if you are still having any issues or questions concerning this setting.

Regards,
Markus (S)

rhx

Post by rhx » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:23 am

Ok, thanks. I removed all lines program.cs, changed all settings values to 1ms .. but nevertheless it seems as slow as before. At least much slower then manually clicking ist possible.

This settings are valid for the whole solution? I did playback with a rxtst file just be clicking the RUN button. Therefore the settings should be valid, right? Or are there more settings dedicated to the rxtst file?

To me it seems as slow as before.

Rainer

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:32 am

Hi, are you sure it's clicks what's slow? Maybe it's the element recognition issue? Do you see a "search for item" progress between steps? Maybe you just need to improve your xpaths?

Also, have you tried to enable Turbo mode for problematic recordings? If the Turbo mode is enabled (can be enabled per recording), the mouse actions (move/click timings) are reduced to bare minimum.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

rhx

Post by rhx » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:15 am

Hi, thanks again. Search time during playback is almost 1.5 m, I guess it's 1.5 ms, right?

Can I switch on the Turbo mode afterwards as well? In ranorex.settings I found nothing with "Turbo". What I see as well is a "Waiting for 200ms" between every action in the playback window.

What's slow is obviously the mouse movement, it's mmmmmmmmmmm instead of mm 8)

It's btw an AngularJS Web Application.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:41 am

Hi rhx,

I'd like to analyze this behavior directly on your machine. May I ask you if you could get in touch with me by email ([email protected])?

Thanks.

Regards,
Markus (S)