Mozilla Firefox not recognised with Ranorex v7.2.0

Bug reports.
Stub

Mozilla Firefox not recognised with Ranorex v7.2.0

Post by Stub » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:51 am

Hi Ranorex,

Ranorex v7.1.2 was happily recognising my Mozilla Firefox, but since installing Ranorex v7.2.0 it's failing and the Ranorex Technology Limitation dialog is appearing.
RanorexMozilla.png
RanorexMozilla.png (75.55 KiB) Viewed 448 times
As suggested here I UNinstalled Ranorex v7.2.0 and reinstalled it using a freshly downloaded copy. I am running Ranorex 7.2.0+git.ffdcf8e6.
RanorexMozillaVersion.png
RanorexMozillaVersion.png (89.85 KiB) Viewed 448 times
The extension is enabled. Is this the correct version? I'm seeing Ranorex Automation NG 1.0.9 updated April 5th 2017.
RanorexMozillaExtensions.png
RanorexMozillaExtensions.png (33.12 KiB) Viewed 448 times
Any suggestions?

Stub

Re: Mozilla Firefox not recognised with Ranorex v7.2.0

Post by Stub » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:59 am

Ohhhh, wait, I fixed it!

When I went to Tools/Add-ons in Firefox the Firefox Automation NG extension appeared enabled. But when I happened to use the 3 horizontal bars "menu button" icon in the top-right corner there was a yellow warning line about this Ranorex extension. Clicking that gave me another option to enable the extension. THAT appears to be have been the thing I needed to do but didn't realise it.

As you can tell from my initial "Tools/Add-ons" comment I do not use this menu button. I prefer the ye olde style File/Edit/View/History/etc menu bar. So I did not know the extension wasn't enabled despite looking at it in the Extensions list. D'oh.