MSBuild throws warnings when Studio doesn't

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
krstcs

MSBuild throws warnings when Studio doesn't

Post by krstcs » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:00 pm

Getting the following warnings from a command-line MSBUILD, but when the same solution is built in Ranorex Studio, on the same system, it doesn't throw them. Happens on every system. Wasn't happening until I upgraded to 5.0.

Ranorex 5.0.0
.NET 4.0
Windows Server 2008 Standard and Windows 7 (both do the same thing)

All builds are on the same system, and I have checked the GAC and it doesn't have a reference to the DLL version that the warning is referencing.

Code: Select all

Consider app.config remapping of assembly "Ranorex.Core, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b798506b574ebc9a" from Version "2.6.6.6" [] to Version "5.0.0.17587" [C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Ranorex.Core\5.0.0.17587__b798506b574ebc9a\Ranorex.Core.dll] to solve conflict and get rid of warning.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1578,5): warning MSB3247: Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly. [D:\QA_Jenkins\QA-Build-Ranorex-TCS_WEB\workspace\TCS_WEB\TCS_WEB_SmokeTest\TCS_WEB_SmokeTest.csproj]
Any ideas? The builds seem to work fine, but I don't like getting warnings. I'm running MSBuild from Jenkins so it has to be what is used.

My guess is that something in the Ranorex.Core.dll is not versioned correctly, but that's just a guess.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MSBuild throws warnings when Studio doesn't

Post by Support Team » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:57 pm

Thank you for reporting this issue!

The root cause seems to be an indirect reference of the Ranorex.Win32.dll to the Ranorex.Libs.Injector.dll, which in fact references a wrong Ranorex.Core.dll. (Actually, only the the 32 bit, .NET 2.0 version of the Injector.dll has that wrong reference; all other versions of that assembly are alright).

We moved to a new main build server recently and this seems to be some kind of migration issue. There should not be any other negative side effects except for that warning message when you build using MSBuild.

We will shortly ship a service release for 5.0.1 (to support the upcoming Firefox release) and we will fix this issue, too.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

krstcs

Re: MSBuild throws warnings when Studio doesn't

Post by krstcs » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:58 pm

Excellent! Thanks Alex!

Thought I was going crazy there for a bit. :D
Shortcuts usually aren't...