Multiple Test Suites

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
msanders

Multiple Test Suites

Post by msanders » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Hello,

I am currently reviewing the evaluation edition of your wonderful product and I have a question regarding the use of test suites. With the application under test being somewhat monolithic I plan to separate each distinct application module into separate solutions. Each module can then have its own test suite which can be ran individually, it will also include all generalised test application logic that other modules may require. The obvious goal being to keep the tests as DRY as possible. So now the problem is I would like to have a single test suite that executes all other test suites to complete a full regression, but I cannot add test suites to test suites and I do not want to duplicate the module test suite logic to achieve this. :?:

I guess I could find all executables in the project child directories and execute them individually but then I will end up with x number of reports instead of 1...

Am I missing something obvious?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Test Suites

Post by Support Team » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi,
I am currently reviewing the evaluation edition of your wonderful product
Thanks for that :D

Sorry, it is not possible to add test suites to a test suite.
But you can e.g. run the test suite exe within a batch file and call some post processing on your reports (reports are based on xml).
It is also possible to create a html file where you link to the generated reports of the test suites.

Regards,
Martin
Ranorex Support Team

msanders

Post by msanders » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:55 pm

Yes that does sound like the easiest way forward, thanks. I have a few more questions regarding other areas but I'll post them in the morning!

:)

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:32 am

Good

If possible, please post the other questions in a new thread with a meaningful topic :)

Thanks
Regards,
Martin
Ranorex Support Team