Multiple value replacement for repository variable in recording module

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
yvaronin

Multiple value replacement for repository variable in recording module

Post by yvaronin » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:20 pm

Hi, I have a question:

Input data:
1. I have several repositories that contain dynamic repository items with variables

for example:it's an item for the selecting of combobox element from the available list
listElement: /dom[@caption=...]//div[@class='scrollingMenu']//table[@class='listTable']//td/div[@innertext=$dListelement]

GUI contains many comboboxes and each list element of them is easily accessible with this one path.
I have many such GUIs

2. A recording module uses own repository und has several variables (per combobox), it should use comboboxes one by one and select values from variables as list elements.

for example: I have five comboboxes and five module variables for it (dPerson, dTyp, dStatus, dUrgency, dImpact),
my top item 'listElement'shall then be used five times
Problem: How can I change the repository variable dListelement before each of five usings of the repository item?

My Idea:
This would be an User Code Collection that have a method for the assigning of repository variable with the value from another variable.
I don't want to write many local user codes in each recording module.
This method could be used in all my recordings modules and with all repositories.

Next hurdle:
But then I am here limited by the variable types, we are allowed to use the type RepoItemInfo to access to my current repository item.
Okay, it comes the next question, how do I jump from RepoItemInfo object to the variable that described in this xpath?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Multiple value replacement for repository variable in recording module

Post by odklizec » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:02 pm

Hi,

I’m afraid, I’m a bit lost here 😉 I think it would be much easier to understand what you actually trying to do, if you post a Ranorex snapshot (Not screenshot) of the problematic UI and sample solution describing what you currently have.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

yvaronin

Post by yvaronin » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:16 am

Hi, thanks for replying!

There are several examples, one of them I have snapshotted.

You can see here three comboboxes, for each one you have to select something, this comes from variables from outside (from data source).
I have only one repository item for all such comboboxes, it has its own repository variable. I need to transfer values from data source to this variable every time when I use the corresponding combo box.

I'm glad for your feedback, ready for another question. Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:31 pm

Hello Yvaronin,

Looking at the snapshot and the requirements this should be possible using a data source. I would like to get a better idea of the steps you are performing in your test as I believe code is not needed. I recommend creating a support query and providing more details including your Ranorex solution so we may make accurate recommendations.

https://www.ranorex.com/support-query/

Regards,
Sean